Soldier Dogs for Independence is a nonprofit, 501(C) (3) organization designed to help our local veterans who live with physical and/or mental injuries. We offer hand-picked dogs from local shelters that are available for trial, adoption, or veterans may enroll with their own dog upon SDI approval. Each veteran and their dog will join our 24 week training program. With the help of local dog behavioral trainer and evaluator with a combined 30 years of experience, and volunteers, the veteran will train their Soldier Dog. After completing the 24 week program, they are eligible to take the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test, and the Public Access Test required by Assistance Dogs International.
All Soldier Dogs follow the regulations under the American Disabilities Act Approved Service Dogs for America.
This service is provided by:
- Michael Barrentine – Iraq War Veteran, President
- Eric Shepherd – Iraq War Veteran, Vice President
- Russ Thomas – U.S. Army Veteran, Veteran Representative Coordinator
- Dana Markee – Treasurer
- Linda Drake – CGC Certified Evaluator , Secretary and matchmaker
- Krystle Working Drury – CGC Certified Evaluator, Senior Instructor
- Marci Ranes – Fundraising Coordinator
2096total visits,33visits today